Sunday, October 12, 2008

End of the weekend, and of the first day


I hope y'all had a good weekend. I woke up super early this morning to join Jaime and a bunch of her youth group kids in doing the Walk for the Cure, a 5K walk in downtown Phoenix to help raise money for breast cancer research. There were 30,000+ people participating in the events, which also included a 5K run, and a shorter walk. It wasn't very grueling exercise, but it was a nice easy follow-up to Saturday's activity: a 42 mile ride down to Mesa and back to check out a little arts festival. I'm slowly ramping up my weekly biking miles. I may start taking another glass fusing class in a couple weeks, and then I'll be riding 40-80 miles a week just to get to class and back, plus whatever rides I do closer to home.

It's Sunday night, so this also ends a moderately successful week of posting Africa pictures, the vast majority of which came from the first day of our Safari, in Tarangire National Park. Here's a link to a photo album with all these pictures and more from day one.


No comments: